Below you will find example topics and questions for IELTS Speaking Part 3. You will have to answer more complex questions related to the topic that you talked about in Part 2. IELTS Speaking Part 3 lasts 4-5 minutes.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics and Example Questions
- What are the most popular types of food in your country?
- How healthy would you say your country’s food is?
- Why do you think people from different countries have different diets?
- How have diets in your country changed over the last few years?
- How do you think eating habits will change in the future?
- How do most people travel long distances in your country?
- Have the types of transport people use changed much over the last few decades?
- Have there been any improvements in transport in your country in recent years?
- How will people travel in the future?
- How is education in your country today different from in the past?
- What is your opinion on the way languages are taught in schools?
- Do boys and girls generally enjoy studying the same subjects or not?
- How useful are the subjects taught in school for working life?
- What changes do you think will happen in the classroom in the future?
- What types of leisure activities are popular in your country?
- Why it is important for people to have time for leisure activities?
- Do men and women enjoy the same kinds of leisure activities?
- Are the types of leisure activities that are popular today the same as those that were popular when your parents were young?
- What types of leisure activities may become more popular in the future?
- Is pollution a problem in your country?
- What are the main causes of pollution?
- What can people do to reduce the amount of pollution?
- Do you think there will be less pollution in the future?
- Why it is important for young people to have role models?
- What type of people are seen as role models by younger people?
- Do boys and girls have similar role models?
- What do you think young people will be most influenced by in the future?
Rules for Teenagers
- Do parents in your country generally have lots of rules for their teenage children?
- What kinds of rules do they have?
- Should teenagers always obey their parents?
- How can teenagers be encouraged to be responsible?
- Is shopping a popular activity in your country?
- How have shopping habits changed over recent years?
- To what extent do you think advertising affects the way people shop?
- Do people spend too much time shopping nowadays?
- Will people do most of their shopping online in the future?
- What types of sports are popular in your country?
- What are the benefits of playing a team sport?
- How important is it for children to play sports at school?
- Which sports will continue to be popular in the future? Why?
- Why do people enjoy watching international sports competitions?
- Why do people like watching television?
- What kinds of TV programmes are popular in your country?
- Do you think that people often watch too much television?
- What effects can watching television have on children?
- Will television still exist in 100 years time?
- How worried do you think people should be about climate change?
- Are governments doing enough to tackle climate change?
- Can individuals have a meaningful impact on climate change?
- How will climate change affect people in the future?